Skip to the main content.

2 min read

It’s time to embrace the trend of ‘anywhere work’

Over the course of the last year and a half, we’ve seen an incredible amount of change to the ways organizations view workplace modernization. Previously, it was all about just that – the workplace. The objective was to put the best possible devices in the office environment, load the best possible apps onto those devices, and so forth. But that just can’t suffice anymore – for obvious reasons.

The pandemic that began last year forced millions of workers to adapt to a remote lifestyle. And now it’s unclear whether they’ll be going back. According to research from Forrester, 44% of remote employees say they are “eager to return to the office when it is safe to do so.” This is a substantial number of people – but the fact is, it still leaves another 56% whose needs also need to be met.

Gartner analysts James McQuivey and J.P. Gownder say the answer lies in a new principle called “anywhere work.” The key to running a successful business today, they say, is to give people the flexibility to be equally productive from all locations, whether they prefer the office or their homes or some combination of the two. This shouldn’t be viewed as a pandemic quick fix, or as a special job perk; rather, it’s just a fundamental part of doing good business.

“[Anywhere work] is an evolution from what is typically a reactive policy,” Gownder said.

“It shouldn’t be a favor the company does for you,” McQuivey added. It should be a function of your role.”

If your organization is able to embrace “anywhere work,” the benefits can be considerable. For starters, it can transform corporate culture – when people have the freedom to work wherever they’re comfortable, they’re likely to be happier and more engaged with their jobs. It can also have a transformative effect on management practices, as people are more likely to feel like their bosses trust them and have faith in their ability to be productive from any environment. There’s also the idea of hiring diversity. Why restrict your talent search to your own backyard when you can recruit people all over the world?

Of course, to realize these benefits, you first need to have the right IT infrastructure in place to support remote employees. For that, look no further than Zones. We have a Remote Worker Solution available that’s designed to simplify IT for your distributed workforce. This complete, end-to-end solution includes many components. To name a few: Our Shipping & Logistics support will help your people get the devices they need quickly and easily, Lifecycle Management will help them take care of those devices, and our Technical Support services are available 24/7 for any remote worker who needs them.

At Zones, this is what we do. We’ve always understood that Workplace Modernization is a top priority in business, and we understand fully that these days, the process is changing rapidly. We know that because we’ve lived it. In our own business, we’ve worked hard to adopt “anywhere work” strategies to support our people – and we’d love to do the same for your organization, too. Connect with us if you’re ready to get started.

Learn more »

Q4-22 Apple Mac Means Business

6 Reasons To Use MacBook Air For Business

When it comes to investing in new computers for their company, business owners must think a good deal about it. After all, computers are integral to...

Read More
Dell Sustainability

Driving Sustainable Innovation Through Green Computing with Dell

The world is surging toward a climate catastrophe where global warming is expected to reach an irrecoverable state. In 2019, the world generated...

Read More
Dell Green Recycle

Dell Technologies Helps You Reach Net-Zero Emissions

Greenhouse gas emissions have a significant and potentially catastrophic impact on the climate. These emissions contribute to global warming and...

Read More