Dell Latitude 12 Rugged Tablet
Many companies and workers in vital industries have been left out in the cold by the tablet computing wave, given how consumer-friendly designs emphasize thinness and lightness above all else. Despite welcome advances in the components and quality of premium devices, consumer-friendly tablets are often too fragile for the gritty and grimy world of field work.
Recognizing that the benefits of tablets – portability, intuitive touch navigation, easy sharing, and even the ability to use while standing – are just as (if not more) applicable in the field as they are at home or in the office, Dell has introduced the Latitude 12 Rugged Tablet.
The Latitude 12 Rugged is the computer for workers who need a tablet as mobile, flexible and reliable as they are. The Latitude 12 Rugged meets 15 military-grade MIL-STD-810G standards. This means it can operate at temperatures from -20° to 145° Fahrenheit, work through rain and snow, and survive falls from up to 3 feet while powered up. In addition to being designed to survive in tough conditions, Dell included features that deliver performance in places no other tablet should go:
- Intel Core M processors and up to 512GB of solid state drive storage provide performance you can count on.
- Optional dual hot-swap batteries mean you don’t even have to shut down apps while switching batteries, so you can keep working as long as the project requires.
- Incredibly bright (603 nits) display that stays visible and readable even on bright, sunny days, and responds to touch control even when wet or when a user wears gloves.
- Security features include Dell’s FIPS 140-2 certified Trusted Platform Module as well as optional smart card and fingerprint readers.
- Optional productivity-enhancing accessories including a desk dock, vehicle dock and full-sized keyboard that adds additional battery life.
If you’re working at the office or simply surveying the factory floor, the Latitude 12 Rugged is probably overkill. If, on the other hand, you’re looking for a tablet that you can count on – from military applications to mines, quarries and oil rigs – the Latitude 12 Rugged could be your new best friend.
Deploy with confidence
Zones makes it easy to deploy hardware like the Latitude 12 Rugged to field workers across the country and around the world. Our status as a Dell Premier Partner – together with our imaging, kitting, and logistics capability – mean we can oversee all aspects of even the most complex IT deployments, for a streamlined and a worry-free experience.
Contact your Zones account executive today to determine whether the Latitude 12 Rugged is right for your organization, and to learn more about how Zones can make your technology deployments a success.