Healthcare organizations are always searching for new ways to improve patient care – and often, this means focusing their efforts on network optimization. With a network that’s in good working order, it’s far easier for providers to keep staff members productive and ultimately deliver treatment to patients in a timely fashion.
In this day and age, healthcare IT decision-makers often focus on Wi-Fi first and foremost. If you have a strong Wi-Fi network, and it’s consistently available with little to no downtime, this gives you the flexibility to offer connectivity for everyone – patients, medical professionals, guests, and so on. According to a Cisco whitepaper, establishing this level of connectivity is a basic prerequisite for healthcare success.
“Now that the right infrastructure is in place, the sky’s the limit for what we can offer staff and patients,” said Jon Skelley, director of technical services at Roper St. Francis Healthcare.
Skelley emphasized that the name of the game in healthcare is reliable, robust, always-on connectivity. If you make constant connectivity a priority, you can unlock all sorts of benefits for your healthcare organization. Let’s break down five examples:
- Covering a range of devices/apps: Delivering the best treatment today demands using a wide range of different medical devices and applications. If you have a reliable wireless network, you can ensure connectivity for all of those devices/apps, meaning continuity won’t be an issue.
- Enabling easy communication: Treatment also depends on seamless collaboration among numerous employees – doctors, nurses, technicians, insurance providers, and so on. A well-optimized network makes it so all of these team members can communicate with ease.
- Sharing medical files quickly: Cisco’s research found that many patient outcomes depend on having reliable access to medical files, such as radiology/cardiology and MRI images. When care providers are able to find this information seamlessly, right at the patient’s bedside, the whole process goes much more smoothly.
- Tapping into real-time data: Making good decisions in medicine is easier when you have up-to-the-minute updates on patients’ health status. Constant connectivity means real-time updates, so you’re never acting on outdated information.
- Maintaining security and compliance: In healthcare, more so than in any other industry, it’s crucial to maintain privacy with consumers’ data, as there are numerous regulatory compliance issues that can arise when you don’t. A good network makes it easier to stay on top of these obligations.
Are you looking to make connectivity improvements in your healthcare organization? If so, our expert team at Zones has all the resources needed to make that happen. We have a comprehensive process for Network Design & Implementation that will guide you from start to finish, ensuring you stay one step ahead of any challenges in managing network performance.
Healthcare, like any other industry, is about making connections. If you’re able to seamlessly store data, share it, and use it to make decisions on a daily basis, you’ll be putting your organization in position to succeed – and an always-on, always-connected network is the key to all of the above. With our help, you’re guaranteed to have one.
Curious to learn more about our Network Optimization capabilities at Zones? Click the link below and get the inside scoop.