Optimize the data center with Intel® 10GbE networking
Explosive growth in virtualization is leading to an increasing demand for network performance.
With more virtual machines running on each multi-core server, networking traffic is dramatically increased – and each VM is competing for available I/O bandwidth. Regardless of your servers’ I/O performance potential, the presence of last-gen Gigabit Ethernet connections in your infrastructure can represent crippling bottlenecks in the network. Even the fastest solid-state drive is ultimately limited by network throughput.
Intel’s 10Gbe Ethernet products effectively address networking bottlenecks in virtualized environments, enabling network-intensive applications to achieve the performance expected in a virtualized environment.
In years past, many IT professionals saw 10GbE as applicable only in specialized areas of the infrastructure, due to economic concerns. Today, the rapidly shrinking price-gap between 10GbE and Gigabit Ethernet components makes a compelling case for upgrading – particularly when you consider that the price per gigabit of bandwidth enabled by 10 GbE is about one-third that of Gigabit.
Your Zones account executive can connect you with a networking engineer who can walk you through the engineering and economic considerations of a large-scale transition to 10GbE in your data center.
Take advantage of the performance and power efficiency of affordable 10 GbE networking:
- Low cost, energy efficient, 10 Gigabit Ethernet (10GbE) performance for the entire datacenter
- Backward compatibility with existing 1000BASE-T networks simplifies the transition to 10GbE
- Flexible I/O virtualization for port partitioning and quality of service (QoS) of up to 64 virtual ports
- Simplify network management by converging LAN and storage traffic onto one network
- Unified networking delivering LAN, iSCSI, and FCoE in One Low Cost CNA
- Industry First Dual-Port 10GBASE-T Adapter with Single-Chip Solution with Integrated MAC + PHY (X540)
- Reliable and proven 10 Gigabit Ethernet technology from Intel Corporation
- Optimized performance with Intel® servers with Intel® Data Direct I/O Technology (Intel® DDIO) and Intel® Virtualization Technology (Intel® VT) for Connectivity (Intel® VT-c)
- Designed for data intensive modern networks
Retiring Windows Server 2003 R2?
As you know, Windows Server 2003 will no longer be supported outside of custom service contracts, effective July 14, 2015. If you are planning a server upgrade to complement your migration away from Windows Server 2003, specifying fast and backward compatible Intel® 10GbE NICs is a smart move. Servers connecting with the latest Intel® Ethernet 10 Gigabit Converged Network Adapters provide up to 10x faster performance, and the agility to align with business growth, meet customers’ needs, or expand with your business.
To streamline every phase of the process, you count on Zones. Our solution architects, systems engineers, cloud team and integration specialists will help you move you data center forward in the most efficient and effective way for your specific business and infrastructure.
Contact your Zones account executive or call 800.408.ZONES to learn more about the cost and performance advantages 10GbE can deliver for your organization.